Timex has been a brand people have relied on for generations. Timex smartwatches were initially made for adults, but the latest devices in this series are now available for teenage kids. Timex is a top American watch brand, constantly reinventing itself to create fresh, fun products that appeal to the whole family.
With this Timex watch for kids, they’re hitting it out of the proverbial park! This is a digital timepiece that features classic Timex styling and quality construction at an affordable price. If your child is one of the many who has asked for a smartwatch, these are good options.
We will review:
iConnect Active By Timex Smartwatch (Best Overall Smartwatch for kids)
Timex Girl’s iConnect Kids Active Quartz (Best for Girls Smartwatch)
Timex Unisex iConnect Kids Active Quartz (Best Unisex Smartwatch)
iConnect By Timex Classic Square (Best Square Design Smartwatch)
iConnect by Timex Classic Round (Best Round Design Smartwatch)
If you are a time-conscious family parent and you have to spend a reasonable time with your kids. Then this is the right time to meet Iconnect By Timex smartwatches for Kids. No matter what kind of kid you have, there is a wide variety of smartwatches available to choose from.
This can make it hard to find which one is best because every kid is different and requires different features in their smartwatch. When trying to decide between a watch remember that some of these watches are not like a smaller version of an adult smartwatch. They have features that will appeal specifically to kids and their wants and needs are different.
To make it easier for you, our team will review these watches in this article. So that you may understand why these watches are good for your kids.
iConnect Active By Timex Smartwatch – Best Overall
As the Introduction of this smartwatch, it’s an innovative, health-conscious, and valuable gift that you can give to your kids. But when you look at this watch, what comes into your mind is something different like a sporty and small design, basic smart features, and so forth. On seeing its features, you’ll come to know that it is not just a transmitter of messages from cell phones. But also an accomplished partner in accomplishing daily tasks.
Stay updated and connect with your friends while working toward reaching all of your goals. iConnect by Timex smartwatch tracks daily activity, exercise, and sleeping patterns. You can also use Sports mode to track progress and individual workouts. Connect your phone with the iConnect by Timex 2 app available on the App Store and Google Play.
iConnect Active By Timex is a great smartwatch for kids from three to ten years of age. They’ll love the Teenager and Kid modes, and you’ll appreciate the included apps and the ability to manage notifications. It’s not just a fun accessory; it helps your kids learn what it takes to be responsible with technology, too. Overall, the iConnect Active is a great-looking smartwatch for kids. It allows them to enjoy many of the same features that parents can find on the adult version themselves. While the iConnect Active does have a few flaws and extra fees, it’s still a solid smartwatch choice for children.
Customizable Watch Faces
Heart Rate Sensor
Can Control Media
Cannot answer calls
Cannot reply to text messages
Top Customer Reviews
- We bought this for our grandson’s 9th birthday and he loves it. He uses the step counter to see how much he has moved throughout the day. He challenges his mom to see who can be the winner for the week. This smartwatch is a great investment for anyone looking to buy into the new technology. Reliability and simplicity make this smartwatch stand out. The smartwatch is easy to use and a fully charged battery lasts up to three or four days.
- iConnect Active is a nice watch, easy to charge and use. You’ll love the step counter, the images quality is great. This watch s simple to set up. We were not able to find it in the store, so they had it sent directly to us, and it arrived very promptly. The smartwatch is great for my kids’ needs. It’s a brand I trust, and I like that it’s sturdy.
Timex Girl’s iConnect Kids Active Quartz – Best for Girls
For today’s generation, technology is very important in their lives. To meet the demands of kids, Timex has come up with a Kids Smartwatch. If you are looking for a little treat for your girl then the Timex Girl’s iConnect Kids Active Quartz is just what you need. She will love this watch. It comes with a purple and white color strap that measures 11 inches long and .75 inches wide. The size is perfect for any young girl’s wrist.
It has an Indiglo nightlight which features a backlight that lets you read time at night when it’s dark. The water resistance makes this watch ideal for water activities. This includes showering, snorkeling, and swimming with no restriction to its water resistance up to 50 meters or 165 feet. This makes it the best gift to give her on her birthday if she wants to go swimming with her friends!
Timex Girl’s iConnect Kids Active Quartz makes your kid smarter through digital learning. This watch has sleep tracking, and health monitoring features. And more features for the modern digital world and constantly connected life. If you’re looking for a watch that combines function and fashion. The Timex Girl’s iConnect Kids Active Quartz is definitely an option to consider. It has a plethora of features that young girls would love and is bound to spark their interest in a way that other watches might not. This watch pairs technology with art and looks good doing so.
Multiple Watch Faces
Built-in Basketball Game
Water-Resistant up to 50m
iOS and Android Compatible
Pedometer is not that accurate
The charging mechanism could have been better
Decent battery life
Top Customer Reviews
- This was for my 9-year-old girl. It’s best to fully charge your phone at night, just before you go to sleep. She’s been using it since Christmas and I hope she will continue to be happy with it.
- I gave this to my 10-year-old niece for her birthday…perfect gift. My niece uses it every day for her routine work. The smartwatch works well, and it’s water-resistant. Every now and then when I opened the app on my iPhone it would instantly close itself. Even though the watch can receive notifications from my phone, it rarely shows text messages. The display shows whom you’re calling, which is convenient.
Timex Unisex iConnect Kids Active Quartz – Best Unisex
Whether you’re an active kid who needs a watch that can keep up, or a parent looking for a fun, durable watch your kids will love. Look no further than the Timex Unisex iConnect Kids Active Quartz.
Not only do kids need to be on time while they’re at school, they also need watches to stay on schedule during sports practice and club meetings. Timex Unisex iConnect Kids Active Quartz is a product that fits this description very well. The slim design makes it easy to wear and doesn’t get in the way of all the fun and games children have. I like this watch because it is extremely durable (it has some shock-resistant features). You’ll love how brightly colored it is and how easy it is for young kids to read the digital display.
The Timex Unisex iConnect Kids Active Quartz watch is a great tool for active children. The fact that it is water-resistant means you don’t have to worry about any swimming mishaps. While they are out playing, and the rubber band makes it durable enough to withstand almost anything your child can throw at it. One of the best features is the screen display. Kids can still read the clock when those playtimes last a little too long into the night. It offers a strong value at an affordable price, making it a well-rounded option for kids who enjoy various forms of exercise.
- Activity Tracker
- Sleep Monitoring
- iOS and Android Compatible
- Fun designs for kids
- Sports Mode
- Media Controls
- Colorful Straps
- Bright Display
- Battery life could have been better
- Frequent disconnection on the app
- Glitchy activity tracking
Top Customer Reviews
- My six-year-old daughter loves this smartwatch! She bought it with money that she had been saving for a long time. And she was very proud that she had found the perfect smartwatch. When I was shopping for a smartwatch for my niece. She said she wanted a smartwatch that could control music, and that was durable. Kids will love the multiple watch faces and fun games. It’s a cool way to introduce your kid to wearable smart technology. The little things, like remembering to charge the smartwatch. Being distracted by the built-in game – all that good stuff.
- TThis watch has been a nice addition to my ten-year-old’s collection. As a watch collector, he has assembled a small collection of his own. These watches are analog and another one with phone call functionality is added to the collection. The smartwatch has good enough construction. This smartwatch seems durable enough to last a while and it could be fun for kids. As a last-minute gift for a child, or family member, I can see this being the perfect fit. But if you are 11 or older, it is not likely to be appreciated much.
iConnect By Timex Classic Square Touchscreen Smartwatch – Best Square Design
For the parents out there, think about getting your young ones some sort of smartwatch. Let me introduce to you the iConnect By Timex Classic Square Smartwatch for kids. The all-new iConnect Timex Smartwatch for kids is the ultimate smart device for children. Perfect for effortlessly tracking distance, time, and pace, iConnect by Timex. Also provides advanced smartphone notifications right on your child’s wrist. The Classic Square model supports text messaging, email, and phone-call notifications. As well as activity tracking through an app that lets parents set goals, manage activities, and more. With water resistance, this kids’ smartwatch is perfect for use in or out of the gym.
This watch is a pretty cool-looking smartwatch that looks like a regular watch. But is also capable of monitoring your child’s playtime and recording information such as the quality of sleep. iConnect by Timex Classic Square for kids is one of the best children’s smartwatches. That truly offers something that works on your kids’ level. Its design is durable and scratch-resistant, while you can adjust or remove the strap in accordance with its size to ensure a comfortable fit. There are also helpful functions such as alarm, chronograph, stopwatch, etc which allow children to learn time management and responsibility.
If you are looking for a smartwatch that is not only kid-friendly but also the right size, a square face makes it look cute and adorable. It has a durable and waterproof case with advanced fitness tracking that allows parents to set a goal for their kids and help them achieve it. Overall, iConnect by Timex Classic square is a user-friendly and child-friendly smartwatch one should definitely look up to. It represents an exciting new way for parents to involve themselves in their children’s lives.
- Adjustable silicone strap
- Bright touchscreen display
- Customizable watch face
- User friendly app
- Built-in speaker to incoming and outgoing calls
- Heart beat sensor
- Activity monitor
- Sleep tracking
- Battery life could have been better
- Expensive compared to others
Top Customer Reviews
- When your child asks for an expensive electronic accessory and doesn’t even own a phone, what do you do? Maybe you could buy them a watch and just let them use 10% of its functionality. We decided to find something that looked and functioned like an Apple watch at a fraction of the cost. So along comes this iConnect By Timex Classic Square. It looks very much like the Apple, but it’s a lot less expensive. The app selection is limited, but the screen resolution is still good considering the price and is quite readable. Besides telling time, here are some other things you can do without a phone. Well, the basics like measuring your sleep, running a calculator. As well as tracking your steps and setting an alarm. Battery life is not that great with this watch. It’s supposed to last a day per charge. But when I’m not using Bluetooth it lasts almost double that.
- The screen quality is better than I expected at this price point. The text and icons on the screen are sharp and clear. And if you need the screen to be brighter, you can adjust the settings. The LED screen on this watch is not as high-quality as OLED screens found in more expensive smartwatches. But most wearers will probably be fine with it. I adjusted the brightness settings to 3 out of 5 because the factory setting was a little dim. The improved screen made the watch more pleasant to use but decreased battery life. This watch uses silicone for its band. Which is almost as nice as the silicone used on more expensive smartwatches. It’s way more comfortable than my Iron Man watch bands. It also works well when it comes to resisting stains and moisture. I am impressed by the phone feature that this watch has. The watch also allows you to make calls, end calls, and talk on calls. Even my gen 1 GW Active, which costs much more than this watch, doesn’t have a speaker for calls.
iConnect by Timex Classic Round Smartwatch – Best Round Design
The iConnect Classic Round Watch is a trusted partner for the modern kid. With features like the ability to make and receive calls, it helps bring your family closer together. Additional features like preloaded watch faces and a touchscreen interface. These features help them stay engaged with their multi-tasking lifestyles. And with different color options, there’s no reason why you should think twice before getting one for your child.
The iConnect Adventure is a fun and simple smartwatch that kids will love to wear. Set up is easy. The color touchscreen interface is intuitive. Kids can browse for the apps themselves, with pre-set categories to choose from, and then add more apps via the Timex smartphone app. Timely notifications will keep them in the know while they’re on the go, whether they’re playing catch or heading home after school. And parents can feel good about the quality. Since it’s designed to withstand all sorts of mischief, it’s sure to last through the years.
- Color touch display
- Displays important notifications
- Make and receive calls by speaking into the included speaker
- Adjustable Strap
- Heart rate monitor
- Sleep tracking
- Calorie counter
- Premium Design
- Decent battery life
- Issues with the app
- Glitchy Bluetooth connection
Top Customer Reviews
- I chose to buy this smartwatch for my daughter. The watch took a little time to arrive but she loves it already. She wanted a watch that would display her steps as well as the time. And to top it off the color was exactly what she’d been hoping for. I’ve been wearing Timex watches for almost thirty years. I still have those old watches and they work really well.
- Ok, I didn’t realize that Timex made a smartwatch until I saw it on Amazon. After about two months of saving, I got it on sale. So I can vouch for the fact that it works on my LG. I love the color, the feel, and how lightweight it is. I am so pleased with this Timex smartwatch. The service struck me as quite nice. I highly recommend you get iConnect by Timex Classic because everything works on it. And I love how this smartwatch is made nice and you will like and love it as much as I do.
Overall, based on hands on experience, the iConnect system itself lends itself to this demographic. And I think that Timex did a good job with its target market in mind. This is the smartwatch for kids that will make any parent feel at ease about giving their child the latest must-have toy.
If you’re looking for a solid smartwatch for your young ones, consider the iConnect Active by Timex.
It has plenty to offer, from the fun, bright color scheme to the many different sports modes that kids can use. The battery life is decent, and there’s even a micro USB port on the watch so your child can charge it.
With a few minor sacrifices and a small learning curve. The Timex iConnect Active watch is well worth the price for parents seeking an affordable one. And a dependable way to keep better tabs on their growing kids. Not only does this smartwatch come with tons of practical features. but it has built-in smart technology that lets you monitor your child’s activity levels, and send them reminders and alerts.